William Hill Horse Racing
Commercial content | 18+
William Hill offers a robust horse racing product with a strong focus on options and flexibility for the punter. The William Hill Race and Sports Book is available for players in the UK and Ireland.
What horse racing events can I bet on?
William Hill horse racing allows customers to wager on events all across the United Kingdom, as well as in South Africa, India and other countries. The William Hill racing book has thoroughbred tracks, quarter horse tracks, harness tracks and greyhound tracks.
For the UK horse racing schedule, William Hill Race book covers almost all races that take place around the clock. If that wasn’t enough, William Hill also offers betting on Virtual racing, which involves simulated races that punters can wager on day and night.
Worth noting is that William Hill has a live streaming service available which allows punters to watch plenty of racing in real time right from their browser or within the William Hill mobile app.
What types of bets can I place?
- WIN (W) – your horse must finish first, to collect the win payoff
- PLACE (P) -Your horse must finish either first or second, to collect the place payoff.
- SHOW (S) – Your horse must finish either first, second, or third, to collect the show payoff.
- DAILY DOUBLE (DD) – You must select the winning horses of two consecutive races designated by the track. The track will usually designate the first two races and sometimes the last two races. Daily Double wagers must be placed before the first race involved in the wager.
- EXACTA (EX) – You select two horses in one race to finish first and second in the exact order selected. This wager must be placed before the first race involved in the wager.
- QUINELLA (Q)– You must select the two horses that finish first and second in either order in one race
- TRIFECTA (TRI)– You must select the first three horses that cross the finish line in exact order in the designated race.
- SUPERFECTA (SFC)– You must select the first four horses that cross the finish line in exact order.
- PICK 3 (PK3)/PICK 6 (PK6)/PICK 9 (PK9) – You must select the winners in a set number of consecutive races. This wager must be made before the first race involved in the wager. Some others examples: WIN4, PICK 7 & PICK 8
- Scratch Sheets – List of information needed to make wager for a track. Each track will have a separate sheet. Some of the information included are; saddlecloth number, horse, jockey, weight, track conditions, distance and wagering format for each race.
- Entry Horse – Two or more horses in the same race running as a single betting unit when there is a common owner or trainer. If one of the horses is scratched, you will still have a wager.
- Field Horse – Two or more horses in the same race running as a single betting unit. This results when there are more entrants than positions on the totalisator board. If one of the horses is scratched, you will still have a wager. This is also called the mutuel field.
There are numerous multiples and other exotic bets one can place and more information on those can be found on the William Hill Site.
Pre-Race Betting Guide
William Hill Horse Racing offers a very extensive range of pre-race markets. In smaller meetings where the pools are not yet very active, William Hill still offers Starting Price betting options so punters can wager a decent time before the race. Most exotics and multiples are also available giving punters great flexibility in their pre-race betting.
William Hill Inplay Horse Racing
William Hill offers live betting on selected horse racing events.
This feature allows punter to place bets on certain outcomes after the race has started.
As mentioned briefly above, William Hill offers a live streaming service for selected horse racing meetings. This feature facilitates the use of in play betting for users who don’t have access to the races via a tv.
The fast-paced action live betting provides is second to none, and even though it is not available on all races, it is certainly available on most major meetings.
Note that in some cases punters need to have had a wager on a race to stream it live. You can also place inplay horse racing bets on the William Hill Mobile Sports App.
Horse Racing Odds at William Hill
On Horse Racing meets punters are sure to receive the best available odds when betting with William Hill.
The William Hill tote betting ensures that punters receive odds at least equal to, if not better than the tote odds.
If you are like me, you don’t want to have accounts opened all over the place and prefer to pick 1 or 2 go to operators to wager with. In that context, William Hill does a very good job at ensuring its customers always get great value odds even when considering fixed price betting options.
The fact is that William Hill’s size results in them taking in a lot of money on every race so they can operate at margins which result in punters getting better value.
William Hill Horse Racing Promotions
William Hill Race and Sportsbook offers many different promotions.
All users can claim Bet £10 Get £30 free bets as part of the William Hill promo code offer. In addition, the following promos are available to existing customers.
Read more about how you can deposit money to place bets and withdraw your returns here.
William Hill Rewards Club
The William Hill Race & Sports Book offers you a way to earn even more from your wagers by entering the William Hill Plus Card club.
With the Plus card, you can get even more offers, then redeem those offers for either sports play or other comps at your preferred William Hill location. You can join the Plus Card club 30 days after opening the account with the operator and enjoy all of its benefits.
William Hill has a strong focus on the horse racing segment with experienced management pushing innovation and value for customers. Overall William Hill’s offering on horse racing in Australia is second to none and it is no surprise that many serious punters make it their first choice.
|What we like||What we don’t like|
|Wide range of exotics & multiples||Live Streaming not available on all races|
|William Hill InPlay offerings|| InPlay Bets are not available on all races and in all states|
|William Hill Promotions|
|William Hill Virtual Racing|